Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'm Not Through Yet, But I Will Be!

Waiting. A lost art. We live in a world of instant gratification. Gone are the days of anxiously waiting for the mailman to deliver the letter from the one who lives out of town. Today, we just skype, and chat face to face realtime. No need to wait for the annual showing of "The Wizard of Oz"- just stream from the Internet and watch instantly. Trips that used to take days now take hours. No more waiting for that roll of film to be developed. Instant... Instant... Instant...

But some things still take time. A caterpillar still has to cocoon before it transforms into a butterfly. A mother still has to carry her baby for nine months before she gets to experience the joy of holding her child for the first time. Sometimes there are no shortcuts. Sometimes we have to wait. Sometimes we have to go through, when we want God to deliver us out.

Often times while I am waiting, my circumstances are not comfortable. At times life has been painful. I have found myself wandering in the wilderness, a place of testing and transition and wanting God to deliver me out of my trials. However, I have learned that if I want to enter into the promises of God, sometimes I have to go through the wilderness, through the water, through the river or through the fire (Isaiah 43:2).

The last few months have been a time of testing and trial for my family. A time of waiting. I was reminded of a promise God spoke over our church through Pastor Chris - God would prepare a table in the wilderness. And He has. Just as He provided for Moses and the children of Israel, we have feasted at the table of His goodness. He has provided rest, peace and joy. We have tasted and seen that the Lord is good!

We may not be through the wilderness yet, but by His grace, we will be.  And when we come through, we will be as gold.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sha -
    Like you, I'm a newbie over at (in)courage and the Bloom Book Club. I just read this post and it is beautiful! It seems so many are in a season of wilderness, and my family is no exception. As we draw closer to Him during this season, we anxiously look forward to what's on the other side.

    Thank you for sharing your kind words and your heart. You touched me today :)

    Looking forward to chatting with you at Book Club ...

    Lani

    ReplyDelete